You're ENGAGED??!!! Yay! Congratulations. You have such an exciting time ahead of you planning your dream wedding, whether that be an intimate elopement on a secluded island, a backyard celebration or an elaborate affair!
All of my wedding packages for 2017 +2018 include a COMPLIMENTARY E-shoot! Why should you get an engagement session? Here are just few reasons:
- You can experience first hand how I work and I can help you to feel comfortable in front of my camera
- You don't have your bridal party hanging around watching those intimate moments - I want you to LOVE your partner
- You can use your images for save the dates, a wedding guest book to sign etc - and of course to hang in your home and admire!
- This is a different chapter of your story - not your wedding day, but the beginning of your love, the celebration of the commitment you have both decided to make to one another
- Remember, photographs aren't for today, they are for the future, they create our history
Another BIG question I get asked when planning your engagement session is WHAT DO WE WEAR??
So, here are a few pointers;
- Definitely make effort to look nice. Professional hair and make up for the ladies is highly recommended. You are investing in gorgeous portraits, you want to feel amazing when you display your images in your home!
- Make sure you are comfortable
- Clothing should still be true to your style - guys don't wear a tie, if it really isn't YOU!
- Outfits should compliment each other but NOT clash
- Avoid all wearing the same...after all, we are individuals with different personalities - let that shine!
- Avoid character clothing and logos - these age quickly and are distracting. My aim is to provide with timeless portraits
- Accessorise!! Scarves, jewellery, hats, belts all add funky pops of colour
- Consider your location... glam and heels may be difficult for a casual shoot at the beach for example.
- Lastly... HAVE FUN, create amazing memories and trust your photographer
If you are searching for a photographer, I would LOVE to hear from you.
I generally book out 12 - 18 months in advance, so please don't leave it too late.